Friday, February 05, 2016

Tuesday's life drawing

Venue: Konstnärshuset, Stockholm. 20160202

I enjoyed this life drawing session. I was happy with most of my sketches which rarely happens. I was trying out a new charcoal pencil, a Kuelox Charcoal pencil - 1803 Soft. I liked it a lot, the only negative is that the pencil is very hard to sharpen without shattering the compressed coal.
Rosa, the model is an ex-circus artist who is very strong, her figure is quite short and stocky. She's a great model and I've been drawing her since the very start, but these days I tend to stretch her, I make her taller than she really is in my sketches. I guess it is to suit my ideal female form, it's my artistic licence, sorry about that Rosa if you ever happen to stumble over this post.

5 minute sketch

2 minute sketch

5 minute sketch

10 minute sketch

10 minute sketch

5 minute sketch

5 minute sketch

5 minute sketch

2 minute sketch

5 minute sketch

2 minute sketch

2 minute sketch

2 minute sketch

2 comments :

  1. setxu9:22 pm

    I´m sure Rosa will forgive you, I would if the results were so beautiful. You are very talented sketching human figure, the way you capture the form, the mouvement, and the simplicity you put into your work, you are a fantastic painter, I´m hooked to your drawings and paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you setxu. It makes me very happy that you like my art and life drawing. I actually sketched Rosa again today at Basis, a different venue. I spoke with her at the break. She is Russian and models 50 - 70 hours per week. Incredible!

      Delete