Monday, February 01, 2016

Sunday Nude

I spent the whole day yesterday drawing and painting. First I met up with fellow Stockholm - Urbansketchers. We gathered outside the library at Kulturhuset which is a large cultural centre in the middle of Stockholm. Later in the day some of us attended life drawing at Konstnärshuset,  this watercolour took 40 minutes. It was challenging because I had to paint wet on wet most of the time. I had to apply thick paint for the eyes, otherwise the damp paper would have blurred them out of recognition. If you would like to see my urban-sketches please visit here.

Sunday figure painting

2 comments :

  1. Love this wet on wet effect, and face is perfectly visible, yo´ve done again. Sketches of japanesse gardens in your other blog are incredible, a master you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you are making me blush again! ;)

      Delete