Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Lunchtime watercolour

White horse by David Meldrum
White horse. 11.5 x 7.8 cm Fabriano GF 300g
I must admit, I need a break from sailing boats, I love sailing and the Stockholm archipelago but I have to resist it for a while. I decided to paint a horse yesterday instead, I build horse-sport websites during the day so it feels kinda natural to paint them too. It is a small painting, 11.5 x 7.8 cm. Keeping it little means less surface to paint and so practical for lunch break watercolour painting. I see improvement in my technique, painting and drawing as much as I can really pays, which feel really nice.
This week I have painted every morning for an hour before going to work, I paint at lunchtime, I have Life Drawing twice and figure painting once during the seven days.

2 comments :

  1. setxu9:07 pm

    The subject is not important all, boats and sea is a quite good theme but horses are too. Wonderful head of a white horse, it´s incredible how you manage in small sizes, you can keep it fresh and spontaneous, not overwoked at all, which is my problem. In big format I find easier painting more freely, I can see it doesn´t happen to you. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting quickly suits me, the more time I have the bigger the mess otherwise! Yes, I was very impressed with the large painting you sent me! You will have to show me more sometime!

      Delete